Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, our weekend was a rather quiet and relaxing one. We originally were supposed to go to Colorado on Wednesday but plans changed due to bad weather and Hadley's croup. We just thought it would be better for everyone (mostly Hadley) if we stayed home and let her get better. Turned out to be a good idea since she still has shaken this thing completely and both Steve and I got sick over the weekend.
Wednesday was a low key day- Hadley and I did some cleaning and just did our normal thing. Steve got home early from work and we just enjoyed an evening as a family with nothing to do. We pulled our mattress out into our loft to watch our rented movie, 'Letters to Juliet'. We used to pull our mattress out all the time before Hadley was born but we thought she would enjoy playing on it and we would enjoy sleeping somewhere else.

Thursday was spent cooking- seriously the entire day! Steve did such an amazing job and did most of the work. I did the easy things... pies, stuffing, green bean casserole, frog eye salad. He used a recipe from Emeril for the turkey it was seriously the moistest and most flavorful turkey I can ever remember having!
Please excuse the runny nose, I feel like I can't keep up with it!

Hadley did an amazing job entertaining herself while we cooked!

Our amazing meal!

We were right! She loved the mattress!


Friday we had a lazy day and just hung out at home! I didn't do any Black Friday shopping aside from all the shopping I did from my couch. I just would rather buy it all online for the same prices than get up, be out in the cold, and fight lines and crowds! I got the rest of my gifts for Hadley, my nieces and nephews, and some of them for Steve! We also put up our tree and Christmas decorations and rented Toy Story 3...

Just staring...

Saturday we finally ventured out of the house to run some errands and have a movie night with Becca and Jesse.


Sunday Steve got really sick with this horrible cold and cough and so we all stayed home AGAIN!


It may sound like a boring weekend but we really just enjoyed all the precious family time we have. With Steve's busy schedule we just don't get that much so we loved it! It was definitely sad not to be with my family again but we enjoyed making our own traditions with our little family :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

I love having time spent with family. I hate being sick. Hopefully you guys get better soon. Online shopping is way better than going to the stores. :)

Tori said...

Hope you guys are all feeling better. Love all the pics! I made a turkey from someone off of Food Network and it was like the best turkey ever! I think those guys know what they are doing!