Tuesday, November 16, 2010

9 Months

My baby girl is 9 months old (well, yesterday)! She is growing and changing everyday and we are thankful that we get to spend each day with such an angel!

We went the the doctor yesterday- we actually went to a new doctor (same practice) and we LOVED him! Hadley saw him when she was 9 days old and he was the one that diagnosed her acid reflux, so we decided to go back. I really do think that a good doctor is sooooo important!

She weighs 21 lb. 6 oz. and is 29 inches tall! So she is still as big as ever but very well proportioned. She's in the 92nd percentile for height and the 87th for weight and head. He said that another way to think about it is she is the average size (both weight and height) of a 14 1/2 month old. No wonder she wears such big clothes!!

Let's see, here are some new things that she can do now since 8 months:

- clap, this happened right after 8 months

- wave, but only to certain people

- cruise along furniture with complete control

- drink out of cup with little help (a regular cup)

- pick up tiny objects with thumb and forefinger, she's been able to do this for more than a month actually

- master at climbing up the stairs


She also has some interesting habits:

- she grinds her teeth (ewww, it's an AWFUL sound)

- she will sit and bang her head backwards on a wall, cabinet, crib, couch, highchair

This is her new camera face! Every time the camera goes up this is how she smiles! It's funny but sometimes I just want a picture that looks normal!

She has 4 teeth now! The other front tooth will probably break in the next few days! I feel like a horrible mom because I never know she is getting teeth, I just look one day and they are there! I guess that means she never shows any negative symptoms of teeth- yay!

She loves music and loves to dance! It is the cutest thing ever!


She is a social butterfly!! She gets so worn out at church because she is so busy entertaining people the ENTIRE 3 hours!
We love you Haddles!

5 comments:

Tori said...

Is she wearing pony-tails and pig-tails now?! When did that happen??? Ok I love this post. She looks so big and cute. And I really like the black headband she is wearing in the picture where she is standing in her crib. Where's that one from?

Holly said...

She is seriously so cute! And she almost weighs as much as Tucker already!!! (Tucker is just barely 24 lbs) We really need to get together with you guys so we can see her again!

Josh and Kelly said...

Cute, cute!! I can't believe she is 9 months already, you will blink and she will be 1. And hooray for happy teething, I hope that continues for you!

Manda said...

She is a CUTIE! I love her cheezer grin, it's adorable! She's bigger than Abe was at his 1 year appointment!!!
Don't feel bad about not knowing when she's teething. At Abe's 6 month well check the doctor had to tell me he had his two bottom teeth. Now the only way I know he's teething is if he's drooling like crazy.

Deb said...

Such a cutie! I hate that grinding teeth sound. Lizzie did that too and it drove me crazy!