Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Loving Life

Let's face it, Hadley and I lead a very simple life and we have decided that we LOVE it! I had a hard time adjusting to this when I first stopped teaching. I was so used to going, going, going and now we really just stay at home alot and spend time together. But it gives us lots of time to be with family and friends. I subbed at Riverview on Monday and Tuesday this week and remembered what it was like to be so much more busy- not sure I'm ready for that again, which makes me question my plans for next year.
-
Last week we got to see Jane and Cami again since they were in town for Thanksgiving. So Ily, Cami and I took the kids to the playroom at the Bean Museum at BYU (sadly we didn't get any pictures there) and then we went to lunch. It wasn't long enough but we love any time we get to spend with them!


Last week Hadley and I also did some Christmas shopping and of course played with cousins. Saturday night Steve and I had a little date night at home and watched...

...which of course I went to Walmart on Saturday morning at 7 am to get! We also made some amazing hot spinach/artichoke dip that we saw on Paula Deen's show. It was soooo good!

So the last week or two Hadley has been struggling with her morning naps. Even though she is so tired it is taking her forever to go to sleep. She eventually does but it takes her like an hour! She never cries, she just sits in there doing who knows what! When I went to check on her this morning this is what I found- so apparently this is what she did for the hour! Silly girl!

So Hadley's new favorite thing is the toilet! Oh the loves of little children, I'll never get them! She was "helping" me put laundry away in our room today and she would go into the bathroom and it would get really quiet. The first time I figured she was playing in the closet because that is what she is usually doing. Nope, every time she was looking in the toilet! Don't worry I just cleaned it this morning but still, I had to keep pulling her down only for her to do it again and again and again.

We have had a good day today and done lots of playing! And last night Hadley let go of the couch and took a step towards something she wanted! She did it three more times this morning, so maybe we are moving in the direction of walking?!

How we love our simple life!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Wait what are your plans for next year? Are you gonna be teaching again? Fill me in! And as always, I'm jealous that I wasn't there to hang out with you and Cami. Love the pics!

Deb said...

That dip looks delicious! Oh how I miss the Food Network. I love going to the Bean Museum. Looking around at all the animals is so much fun, especially as they get older. Can't believe she's already trying to walk! Lizzie took until she was 14 months to finally do it.

Josh and Kelly said...

Yes, I know what you mean about adjusting, but the simple life is pretty good :) That is fun that you get to sub some still, are you thinking about going back next year? Shane has been playing in his bed during nap time too, I just figure as long as he's not screaming and is getting some rest it's all good!