Monday, June 6, 2011

Going Green

So I have read on a bunch of different blogs and websites about spinach smoothies. Well, to be honest I was not a believer! I am not a huge fan of dark greens but I knew that I needed to put them in my diet somehow.

Well, I tried out a couple of different things and can now proudly say that I am a believer. I make myself a spinach and fruit smoothie everyday for breakfast and they are sooooooooo good! And honestly you can not even taste the spinach...

Here's what I put in mine:
Half a banana

4 or 5 cut up strawberries

Handful of frozen peaches

3/4 cup of apple juice

About 3 spoonfuls of yogurt

Generous handful of spinach

Then I either put a handful of frozen blueberries or a cored apple.


At first I didn't really know what kind of yogurt to use but I've just been using whatever I have. Today it was vanilla but yesterday it was strawberry. What's the added benefit (besides how healthy I feel about my eating)? Hadley LOVES them! She doesn't drink it with me everyday because sometimes I make them while she is asleep, but when she does she just guzzles it right down!

Still not a believer? Try it for yourself!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Yum! I'll have to try it. We love smoothies, but I don't think our blender is very good because it doesn't puree it very well. What kind of blender do you use?

Manda said...

Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for a way to get more iron (spinach) into my diet and this is perfect! Abe and I had a spinach and fruit smoothie with our breakfast this morning and it was delicious. Abe kept saying "Good smoothie, good smoothie."

Anonymous said...

I love shakes like these! Actually, my mom does Kale instead, but I'm sure they're pretty close!