Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cabin Fever

So we (ok I, Hadley could probably care less) have a pretty bad case of cabin fever. Neither of us has left the house since last Thursday... This is all due to the fact that yes, Hadley is sick AGAIN!!! It started Friday just with a runny nose and small cough and just got worse and worse and worse as the weekend went on. The poor girl has the cough that just won't quit! She is litterally awake several hours each night coughing and unable to sleep because of it. So sad for her and tiring for me (it's like having a newborn again).
-
Luckily yesterday was her 12 month check up so we went only to find out that she has Bronchiolitis again- she had it at the very beginning of the year- which came from a minor case of RSV. Her breathing isn't bad enough for her to need breathing treatments or anything but the terrible thing is that there is nothing can be done for her. Basically, it has to run it's course, which is a couple of weeks. She also has an ear infection, which luckily can be solved with medicaion.
-
Besides her sickness, the doctor said that she looked great is right on or a little bit ahead developmentally. And we got her stats:
-
Weight- 20 lb. 15 oz. - 60th percentile
Height- 30 1/2 in. - 92nd percentile
-
So she gained very little weight in the past 3 months but kept growing tall. The doctor said this is very normal and babies usually tend to thin out at about a year.
-
Since being sick Hadley has really gotten attached to 2 things- her giraffe blankie and her binki. I am so mad about the binki because she was practically weened (if that's the word) and she somehow found one somewhere in her room and now it's all she wants when she doesn't feel good :( Oh well I guess...
This little animal blanket has gone everywhere with her since Saturday...

We have taken lots of bathes and they always make her feel better.

Another thing we have done to fill our time is lots of coloring! The 12 month questionnaire I got from my doctor said that she should be able to scribble on a paper after you modeling for her. So a couple of weeks ago I showed her once and she did it and then we worked on not eating the crayons :) So now she LOVES to color all the time!!

Here's our finished product...

She has been taking like more than 5 hours of naps a day which has given me lots of free time! What have I done you may ask? I'm trying to knock out everything on my spring cleaning list! This is basically things I HATE to do; like cleaning out all my kitchen cabinets and drawers, scrubbing my blinds, organzing my pantry, etc...
-
I really don't mind being at home too much except for one thing... Steve and I got tickets like 3 months ago for the Jazz vs. Celtics game last night and I just couldn't bring myself to leave Hadley with anyone else... So Steve went with Jesse and I stayed home and watched The Bachelor and ate Bajio's.
-
Here's to warmer weather and no sickness!!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Totally done with sickness! I can't believe how much older Hadley's looking in her face already. The coloring looks fantastic!

Manda said...

Poor girl! That stinks that she's so sick again.

Tori said...

Poor girl. That is so not fun that she is sick again. And poor you for not being able to leave. That is hard. And I'm gonna have to try coloring with Mylin! (And she is wearing those exact pjs right now!)

Kris and Megan said...

landon is sick really often too!! it is so annoying! he'll get over something, then a week later have it again so i can't take him to nursery. anyway bummer you couldn't go to your bball game!! there's just something about leaving them when they're sick that you just can't do it!! hope she is better soon! (and for your sake... unless you have a newborn there should be no reason to get up am i right?!!)

Josh and Kelly said...

What a bummer! She has been through a lot in just a year of life! Here's to hoping spring comes fast and she gets better soon. You are a good mom, that stinks about the game. And she colors really well! They have all kinds of cool crayons and stuff now, you should try twistables, she won't be able to eat those.