Friday, March 25, 2011

Family Update

I had a friend that did a update on each member of their family (although hers bigger than ours), so I thought it was a good idea since most of my posts are about Hadley or things that we do.
-
Steve

Steve left his job after over 5 years at Heritage Web Solutions in April of 2010 (which turned out to be a GREAT thing since they went under about 2 weeks ago). It was kinda scary for him to leave and go to a new job after being so comfortable at Heritage. He now works at Doba and Inside Real Estate. Yes, two jobs. He started at Doba and then about 4 months later was 'recruited' from Inside Real Estate to start their sales department from the ground up. Since it's sales at IRE is such a new venture it's a less than part time job (15 hours /week). But he wanted to take on the challenge because IRE has more room to grow and move up than Doba. So he does both... about 35 hours at Doba and 15 at the other. So he is very busy and works quite alot! He also just changed his major in school (ahhh!). He was studying Business Management but changed to Business Information Systems. Originally (as in forever ago!) this was his major but since he was doing business management at Heritage he moved to that. So basically this adds about 18ish credits to his total to finish but in the end he was way excited about this change. The starting salary after graduation is quite a bit higher and in a field he is much more interested in. But it also means we will probably be leaving Utah sometime in our future. The top markets for information systems are Texas, Washington, Oregon, and California. At church he teaches the 11 year old primary class and also works with the 11 year old scouts- which he loves! But most importantly Steve is the best dad ever and is absolutely adored by his baby girl! She walks around all day saying "Dad?" "Hi Dada" or "Daddy" non stop!

Me

I basically stay busy taking care of Hadley and also cleaning, cooking, reading and keeping up with my shows :) Typical joys of motherhood!! I am loving my our freedom to go where we want and do what we want- whether that means seeing friends and family, shopping, going to the park, or just hanging out and playing at home. Since the time change and with the help of warmer weather I have been enjoying getting outside and running (with some walking :)). It is so nice to not always have to stick to my elliptical trainer! I am enjoying my calling of Cub Scout Committee chair at church. That basically means I am in charge of all awards the boys get and planning and executing the monthly pack meetings. I have also been trying to make some hard decisions. For the past month or so I have been working on making a decision about teaching next year. It wouldn't be long term and it would only be half time (I would be sharing a contract with my good friend Ily). But I'm still so up in the air about it! Yes, it would be so nice to have my Level 2 license and not have to worry about renewing a Level 1 license, which would mean back to school eventually... ugh! But is it worth missing a little bit of time with Hadley (it would be afternoon so most of it would be her sleeping at Becca's)? Is it worth all the stress managing 25+ students and their parents? Is it worth all the work that has to be done outside of the classroom? Not sure yet!!
-
Hadley

Little miss Hadley is busier than ever! She is constantly getting into everything and I mean EVERYTHING! Last week I was on the phone with my mom and Hadley was playing around in my room and bathroom. After I hung up she had completely emptied Steve cabinet under his sink and was sitting in it. Oh that girl! We are working really hard on getting her to understand that only toys are meant to be played with... you know, not remotes, computers, phones, makeup, trash, hair bows, etc... It is still very much a work in progress!! She is still doing pretty good about taking both her naps but I am afraid that her morning nap is drawing to its close- it's down to about 45 minutes to an hour. She is also getting so talkative! I feel like she talks all day long, even though I can't understand what she says 95% of the time. Her newest words are "buh-bye," "dede" (which is baby) and "vroom." Hadley loves to do the actions to 'If You're Happy and You Know It' and 'Popcorn Popping.' She is starting to not love to be in her carseat- great, we have a 10 hour drive to California in 2 weeks! We'll have to do lots of singing and playing games! But I can't wait to see her on the rides at Disneyland, on the beach, and having loads of fun with her cousins (plus she gets to see her friend Mylin!). My baby is getting too big, too fast!

And what would a post be without a couple of pictures :)

Doing the actions to "If You're Happy and You Know It" along with her Baby Einstein movie.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with deciding whether to go back or not. It's definitely a hard decision to make. So jealous of your Disneyland trip. I'm sure it'll be great!

Josh and Kelly said...

Wow, that is a hard decision to make! There are definitely pros and cons to both, but I am sure you could be happy either way. Let us know what you decide!

Tori said...

Love this post! I wasn't aware you guys may not be in Utah forever. Crazy. Of course, my vote is California!!! (And Mylin and I are SUPER excited to see you guys!) Great update on all of you!

Kris and Megan said...

She has the cutest little face! Love the updates on everybody, i need to do this, hopefully tomorrow I will tackle a few posts :) That is such a tough decision to go back or not- I already know I probably couldn't do it after the freedom of staying home! Good luck in your decision!