Friday, October 1, 2010

Small Victories

So part of being a mom I decided is reveling in the small successes of your baby! Well we had victory - although small - at our house today! Since I have been home with Hadley and no longer teaching she has gotten in this napping habit. If she ever wakes up in the middle of her nap or after like an hour (which doesn't happen very often) then she NEVER EVER EVER will go back to sleep no matter how tired she may be. I have just faced the reality that if she wakes up early she will just have to have some rest time in there without actually sleeping. Trust me, this was a hard reality to come to with me being so obsessed with her sleeping schedule.
Well, today I am sitting on the couch reading and I here her kind of fussing after only 45 minutes. I thought to myself, "You have got to be kidding me! Here's to a loooong night." To my wonderful surprise after about 15 minutes it got really quiet in her room so I went to check on her. She was back asleep. So that was the first time she has fallen back asleep (for 2 more hours) after waking up mid-nap in over 4 months!!
So here's to very small victories that make my day!

3 comments:

Deb said...

It's surprising how those small victories feel so huge. By the way, when I started looking at your blog Lizzie got all excited to see "baby Haddy". She doesn't quite get that l in there.

Kris and Megan said...

I was exactly the same way with obsessing over sleep schedules!!! And yes, those little victories make you feel so good huh?! What I learned is that no matter how hard I tried to stick to the schedule, sometimes they just go through weird phases where they don't sleep well! Landon did that for awhile too where he would randomly wake up, even though he hadn't had enough of a nap. Then his latest phase was he'd nap for 1-1.5 hours, but sleep 13 at night. All of a sudden now he's going 13 at night, and 2+ hours for his nap! So I've just learned to roll with the punches but try to stay with a schedule too.

Manda said...

That's AWESOME!!!