Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Quarter of a Century

So Saturday was my 25th birthday which means I am a quarter of century old- is that old? It was also my 'golden' birthday because I was turning 25 on the 25th. It was a wonderful and relaxing day, just like I wanted!!
Steve let me sleep in until 8:30 which was the first time that I've slept past like 7 in almost 8 months- it was so nice! He and Hadley made me breakfast and brought it to me in bed. Later after Hadley's morning nap Steve took Hadley with him to run errands so I could stay home and catch up on some of my shows that had premiered over the week and I had tivo'd. In the afternoon Steve went to the BYU game with Jesse so I had some girl time with Haddles. For dinner we left the kids with a babysitter and headed to Texas Roadhouse with Becca, Jesse, Hillary and Kevin. The food was amazing as always and the company was entertaining as always.

After dinner Steve and I came home and ate cake opened gifts. I was very spoiled by everyone- I got a amazing bread maker from my parents and a dust buster (sounds silly but it is really what I wanted) from my sisters. Steve gave me the newest seasons of The Office, Gossip Girl and Smallville and a brand new entire bed set for our room. I love having my birthday in September because someone can always get me seasons and easily please me. Plus it's nice to get them as a gift because that way I don't feel so bad about buying them all (at least 10 new seasons every year). I was also so surprised that he was listening to me a couple of weeks ago when I was telling him about this bed set that I wanted to get. He got the right one all by himself!! I am very blessed with such a great family and I had a wonderful day!! Thanks to everyone who helped make it so great!!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Sounds like you had a great time! What shows are you liking this year?
Remind me to tell you a funny story about the birthday message Tim left for you on your phone.

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha ha I love your love of shows. Happy birthday!!!

Ben and Alyse said...

A quarter of a century better not be old because I am almost there! I've been looking at all the pictures of Hadley. She is soooo cute.