Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Year and a Half

 My baby girl (who is not really a baby at all anymore!) is 18 months old!  I know I say this all the time, but where as the time gone?!  She has turned into such a little person right before our eyes and we couldn't love her anymore!!

With everything gone on around here lately, I have been awful at taking pictures so I decided to snap a few this morning on our visit to the park and river.

* Hadley is very adventurous and honestly has no fear!  Not always a good thing, but she is always willing to try new things...


 * At her appointment 2 weeks ago she was in the 85th percentile for height and 45th for weight, so still super tall!

* Her vocabulary is growing everyday- she probably says 35 words or so!  Her newest words in the past couple of weeks- poop (yea), apple, Luke, Becca, train, water, doctor, school, blankie.  She is constantly saying to me "Mama?" I'll respond, "Yes, sweetheart?"  Then she goes on telling me long thing in her own little language!

* The only fruit that Hadley will eat consistenly is bananas... BUT she will eat any vegetable you put in front of her.  Weird huh?!

 * Her favorite thing in the whole wide world is water.  She will play in all water, no matter if it's 1 inch of it or 3 feet!  She is obsessed!!

* She is also extremely extremely attached to this little stuffed animal blanket thing.  I'm not so pleased with this especially when she screamed for 40 straight minutes last week when I had to wash it!

* I love that she can understand everything that I say now.  I love that I can say, "Hadley, go pick some books" and she does it!  She also obeys what I say most of the time :)

* Hadley has now gone to nursery (that post to come) 2 times and as done surprisingly well!  The first time she didn't cry at all until the minute I walked in to pick her up (it was like she had just remembered that I had left her).  The second time she cried for a minute or so and then did really well!

*  She is very very independent, just like her mommy :)

* Still BEST BEST friends with her cousin Max- cutest thing ever!


* She is so good at folding her arms for prayers now.  Also pretty adorable!!

* Lives for Otter Pops!  Consumes at least 3 a day... at least...

* Loves mommy's makeup and perfumes :)

* Not a huge fan of riding in the car (unless she has a snack), thunder, Becca's big dog jumping on her, or sitting still.

We love you Haddles- thanks for adding so much to our family!!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I can't believe how big she is! We need to get together with you guys again! Maybe the beginning of next month once things slow down for Curt? Good luck with school/hope it's going well if it's already started!

Deb said...

I love that bottom picture! Such a cute smirk!