Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sleepover

 This last weekend my sister went to Colorado (and took Max) for her 10 year highschool reunion, leaving Luke and Livi home with Jesse.  Well, Jesse had to help with security at the football game Friday night and wouldn't be home until like 11 or so.  Nobody wanted Livi to be up that late so we got to have Livi spend the night with us!

I wanted to do something special that I know Livi would love and I hit it on the nose!  She LOVES horses- she takes lessons, has about a million horse toys, is getting her own horse soon, etc.  We walk down this trail by the river on the east bench of Spanish Fork and about 1/2 mile down the trail there is a small pasture with horses.  We have gone several times and fed them so I decided we would go there!


Of course Hadley loves any animal right now but Livi couldn't get enough.  We probably stood there in the same spot feeding this horse (usually there is 3) for a good 25 minutes.  She was getting right in her face and talking to her and petting her and was literally in heaven!


It was a great "adventure" as Livi kept calling it.  After the little hike we went home sang some songs and read some books with Hadley.  Then Liv got to stay up a bit later and have milkshakes with Steve and I :)

It was a fun weekend and Hadley thought it was the neatest thing to have Liv there when she went to bed and when she woke up!  But it did make me realize I'm not ready to 2 anytime soon- it's like the double the work, haha :)

No comments: