Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sunny St. George

This past weekend my family went down to the beautiful and sunny St. George! We went for the dedication of Robert Gardner's statue. That was my great great grandfather who played a huge role in settling St. George. We drove with Becca and Jesse and kids Friday morning and met up with my parents at the hotel. That night we went swimming, shopping at the outlets, and went to dinner.
On Saturday we started the morning by attending the dedication ceremony. It was wonderful- and it turns out that we are related to Elder Holland. Robert Gardner was his great grandfather (so the same as my dad). Although he was through a different wife then my dad's family it is still neat to think that we are related- even distantly. Therefore, Elder Holland addressed the group and gave the dedicatory prayer. After the ceremony there was a big luncheon after which all of my dad's family met up and had a mini family reunion.

We came home on Sunday afternoon to freezing snow after leaving beautiful 75 degree weather! That was a bit depressing!!





I realized that I love St. George! It it wasn't so hot in the summer I could definitley live there!

1 comment:

Manda said...

When Elder Snow gave his talk about Robert Gardner today I automatically thought of you:)