Friday, March 20, 2009

Lightening Speed

As Steve and I sit and watch Smallville and Grey's Anatomy I thought I would catch the blogging world up on the events of our house! We have had a crazy busy week, so where do I begin...

Last Friday Hillary, Becca, Jesse, kids and I surprised my parents in Colorado! My dad just got called as a new bishop in their ward- it was a really big deal because the whole stake was being reorganized and my parents new ward has taken people from 5 other wards. So it is going to be a big challenge for my dad, but he will completely live up to it!

Everyone else left at about 1:00 on Friday afternoon. I couldn't leave school early because I have a BYU cohort in my classroom. So Steve and I decided that I would fly- my plane left at 9:15 and arrived in Denver at 10:30. It just happened perfectly that Becca and Jesse had great timing to pick my up. When we got down the the Springs we stayed at Ashton's house for the night. We woke up really early on Saturday and drove to my parents house to surprise them! It was such a great weekend- fast and very tiresome but totally worth it.

Isn't little Foxx just the cutest little thing!!??


We left at about 2:00 on Sunday after the stake meeting and I arrived home at about 11. Steve was alone for the first time over the weekend (he couldn't go because of lots of work and school stuff). It was so good home to be with him again even though it has only been two days. And he surprised me by painting our spare bathroom upstairs- what a great husband!!

After having absolutely no break from school and being stressed with my BYU cohort, I started another long week. Ok, so Wednesday and Thursday I made many visits to the toilet being sick with the 24 hour stomach flu (and no it is not pregnancy :)). On top of that we had parent teacher conferences last night until 9:30... so I missed school yesterday but sucked it up last night to meet with all my parents. Today I felt much better and was able to go to school for teacher development day and get so much done!!


After a whirlwind of the last 8 days, here's to a relaxing weekend!!

1 comment:

Sitton said...

Ugh being sick and dealing with school is no fun!! It is almost just has hard to make all the subplans can get stuff ready. That is fun you got to go home for a quick weekend!