Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Day

We are a great day celebrating Hadley's birthday on Tuesday! We didn't do any huge celebration or anything (my parents are coming in town today for that) but I tried to make it extra special for just the three of us!
-
Steve and I decorated the kitchen on Monday night with streamers and balloons and this was Hadley's reaction for seriously like 10 minutes. Complete awww....
I made her favorite breakfast pancakes, sausage, and hashbrowns, which she very much enjoyed!
And of course we would never forget about her favorite whole milk :)

After naps I made a fort that we played in for like an hour. She was a little unsure at first but then she cried when she had to get out for lunch!

After her favorite lunch of corn dogs, green beans, and applesauce we had a fun dance party! This little girl LOVES to dance, but only to certain songs!! Her current favorites are Never Say Never (Justin Bieber), Dynamite (Taio Cruz), and Whip My Hair (Willow Smith). You may think I'm kidding about those songs, I'm not. She bounces up and down and waves her arms all around!
-
After her afternoon nap we met some friends from our ward at the park a couple blocks away but I forget my camera :(
-
After dinner we did some presents and we sang and she had her cupcakes (her cake is this weekend!). This was the best of the whole day!
She was little timid at first because she knows she not allowed to play with her food. She kept poking it with one finger and looking at us :)

She was mess! She took a big long bath, we read some stories, and then she was off to bed!!
-
Today we went to a delayed birthday lunch and play time at Carls' Jr. with Becca, Livi, and Max. Even though it was a day late because Becca was taking care of her neighbor's kids it was another fun way to celebrate!
She had a grea time playing and even made a new friend :)


Birthday are so fun with little ones!!

2 comments:

Manda said...

The little one's birthday is so much more fun than your own:) Happy 1st Birthday Hadley!

Tori said...

I love the cupcake pictures! Haha what a cutie! Where did you get her little crown thing? That is adorable! I love the fort too! You are such a good mommy.