Tuesday, February 15, 2011

365 Days Later...

My baby girl is 1!! I guess she is now officially a toddler and no longer a baby? Kinda bitter sweet...
-
I apologize in advance for this long post, I don't expect you to read it, but it's the main way I record about her.
-
Here she is today... such a big girl!!
- She has 8 teeth. 4 on top and 4 on bottom, no molars yet (don't really want those).
-
- She LOVES to play with my hair! She will stand at my back and just play for like 10 minutes. If you know me you know I love to have my hair played with so I let her do it, plus she is actually soft and gentle.
-
-She loves and I mean loves, loves, loves her regular whole milk! But who wouldn't compared to formula?

- Recently she has discovered she actually likes books more than just to eat them. She will sit for a few minutes and look at the pictures or sit with me and let me read to her.

- This little girl is laughing ALL THE TIME! She thinks Steve is especially quite funny...

- She still sleeps from 7 to 7:30 and takes a 1 to 1 1/2 hour nap in the morning and a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.
-
- She is doing more animal sounds too. She can now do horse and we are working on dog. Not really any more words- she now says 'mmmmmm' and sometimes 'ball'.
-
- She has taken up to 7 steps at once but usually just goes around taking 3 or 4 steps. Yesterday she took 3 steps, stopped and stood, 2 steps, stopped and stood, 3 steps, stopped and stood and then got down and crawled.

- She is also walking from one thing to another if the distance is short. Like from couch to couch or my shoulder to couch.
-
- She is obsessed with babies!!! Any picture or tv show with babies puts a huge smile on her face :)
- She really is Miss Independent. She will sit and play by herself and talk to herself for sometimes 15 minutes a time. I just love to sit and watch and listen (which makes me feel guilty sometimes)- I wish I knew what was going on in her head!!

- Loves to play ball, which is really just throwing it back and forth.
-
- Her new thing is putting her toys under the couch, under her crib, behind the tv stand, and in drawers.
-
- She also loves moving things back and forth. The other day she moved her toys back and forth between two buckets for like 10 minutes!
Time sure flies!! I feel like Hadley was just born but at the same time I can't imagine/remember what life was like before her!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

She is SO cute! Love all the pictures, and it's so fun to read about everything she's doing. What a fun little girl!! Happy Birthday Hadley!

Tori said...

Aww! Happy birthday Hadley! She is so cute! I love her Valentine picture. She is getting so big. Wow. It's so fun to hear all the things she is up to. And seriously I am crazy jealous of how great she sleeps!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Hadley! She is darling!

Shaunelle said...

Happy Birthday to Hadley! She is so beautiful! Miss you guys :)