Monday, August 16, 2010

Hadley at 6 Months

I feel like all I ever really post about is Hadley. But what can I say? Once you have a baby they pretty much become your life...
Hadley is actually six months old- I cannot believe it!! I was telling my mom that other day that for some reason 6 months seems old to me! I know it's not but it just seems so much older than 5 months. She is still just the best little girl and we love her bunches and bunches.
At 6 months, Hadley:
- growls ALL the time (this is now her most frequent and preferred form of communication)
- eats Gerber 2nd foods twice a day (1 veggie/mixed meal and 1 fruit)
- is becoming much more social with other people aside from Steve and I
- can finally kind of "play" with her cousin Max- really this just means they take toys from each other over and over and over and over
- lays on her tummy and scoots backwards to get around (most of the time)
- most of her wardrobe is 6-12 months
- her favorite thing to do is to stand on the bench at church and laugh and growl at the people behind us, yesterday she just sat on the bench looking around with her arm resting on Steve's scriptures... so cute!
Her stats:
Weight: 17 lb. 14 oz. - 80th percentile
Height: 27 inches - 90th percentile
Head- 75th percentile
So she may be big but at least she is well proportioned :) She is very tall and would only have 10 friends taller than her!
Here are some more things she is doing with pictures to match:

She has VERY strong abs- she really will just sit with her legs in air like this for like 5 minutes.

Still puts everything in her mouth- hair, keys, toys, books, clothes, jewelry, my toes, her own toes... I mean everything!



She has two little teeth :)

Sleeps on her tummy with her bum in the air!


Sits straight up all by herself.




Gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. After about 20 seconds of doing this she just goes back to her tummy to play :)


Now that she can get around by several different methods she is starting to get into things. She opens drawers and grabs at anything at her level! Looks like trouble to me!!

She is the best part of my day and we can't imagine what it would be like without her!

6 comments:

Leslee said...

She is quite the little mover. I love how happy she is in all the pictures and her cute expressions. It is okay to post mostly about your baby, they are so exciting;)

Tori said...

When did she get teeth?! I didn't know she had teeth already! How did she do with teething? And I can't believe she is sitting up straight and tall. She is getting so big. She's just a doll!

Tori said...

I was showing Tim your pictures and I noticed the laundry basket sitting in the bouncer. For some reason that just cracked me up! Tim says Hadley is adorable!

Kris and Megan said...

looks like she's trying to crawl already!! watch out! :) and i love when they sleep on their bellies with their bums in the air, so cute. and by the way, as a full time mama it is totally fine to post only about hadley... i have the HARDEST time coming up with other stuff too! haha

Josh and Kelly said...

What a cutie, seems like she a lot of fun too! Hey, us moms are the ones mostly reading, and we know that we all post about our babies! They are just cuter than us!

Anonymous said...

Ok, how come it has taken me THIS long to find your blog?