Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bitter, But Mostly Just Sweet!

Well school started today here in Spanish Fork and for the first time in three years I am not there!! Today it was real for me... even after the school year ended I guess I was kind of just still thinking I was on summer break. But since all the kids went back today and I wasn't there teaching them, it finally hit me - I really am a stay at home mom. Yes, I seriously miss the kids like CRAZY. I seriously miss some of my best friends. Being at home all day with a baby can be lonely, hard and tiring. But in the end I am definitely grateful that this is where I am!
My prinicipal gave me the opportunity last week to go back and teach half day this year in first grade. I kind of tossed the idea back and forth in my head for a day or so but in the end I knew this is where I was meant to be this year. I love being at home with my little Haddles and seeing her grow, change, and develop daily.
Who wouldn't want to see this adorable face all day every day?

In celebration of not being at school today Hadley and I went out to lunch with some of my teacher friends, Sharon and Susan, who are also no longer teaching! What great company to celebrate the day with!

5 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

I'm happy that you get to stay home with Hadley, you will start to realize more and more just how fast they grow and learn and she will just start doing more fun stuff every day that you won't want to miss!

Manda said...

It is really lonely being home all day every day, but I bet Hadley loves and appreciates it:)

Ben and Alyse said...

Susan told me you girls were getting together. I'm sad I am not there also! I did summer school and it was hard to see everyone getting their classrooms put together and I didn't have one anymore. Staying home will be way worth it!

Kris and Megan said...

That is great you get to stay home with your baby girl! It's true, every every year it is a little bittersweet when school starts and I'm not teaching... but then I think of the little man I get to teach every day who is my own!! Glad you got to go with Susan and Sharon, they are so fun. Tell them hello for me! :)

Deb said...

I bet you guys had so much fun at lunch! I've been the same way today, kinda down I'm not there, but overall glad I'm here with the munchkins. Come on over whenever you're lonely or text me and we'll take 'em for a walk.