Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trip to Colorado

Becca and I drove to Colorado on the 25th of June. We started our trip with some time at my grandparents cabin in the mountains. It was so fun like always!
Luke loved the fire!

Livi loved the swings!



Max and Hadley loved hanging out in the grass doing this...

and this....

and a little of this! They are so funny together!


We drove up and then walked to the waterfalls. Normally, we all go down and stand right on the edge, but I didn't really feel comfortable hiking straight down with Hadley in the Snugi.




On Monday we went miniature golfing in the morning. Since Hadley couldn't participate with the other kids, she did a lot of this! After naps we met Ashton and his family at Louie's pizza- oh the amazing pizza! Pretty sure I gained about 5 pounds that night. And of course we did some good people watching in downtown Colorado Springs... always something or someone to watch!

Tuesday Becca and I went with my dad and the kids to the Cave of the Winds. I haven't been there since like 5th grade and it was actually really fun. Of course Luke was in his absolute element, but Livi not so much. It was dark and cold in the caves, but Hadley was a perfect angel! Later that day I met four (Jessie, Lindsay, Bear, and Erin) of my best friends from high school for dinner. In high school we all cheered together and you pretty much couldn't tear us apart! It's a tradition that everytime I come to town we go to dinner at Red Robin. I am amazed that after 6 years, two babies, 5 marriages, and 1 divorce we all still keep in contact. When we get together it's like no time has passed- laughing, sharing memories, telling stories! I am so sad that I had left my camera in Becca's car and she wasn't home when I left... so no picture!

Ok, so I asked my dad to take this picture of Hadley- this is how it turned out. Her eyes weren't used to such bright lights since it was dark down in the caves. Apparently, she was quite surprised! Haha!



No comments: