Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One Month

I can't believe that my little baby is one month already!! She is just a good little baby, we are very blessed and very grateful!! Yesterday I took her to get some pictures taken- and to say the least, it was interesting! She either wouldn't stay awake and if she was she was crying (which she never does!).
Here is a little bit about our cute girl:
- At her two week appointment she only weighed 7 lb. 14 oz. Which means she wasn't even back up to her birth weight yet. The doctor was a little concerned so we have to go back tomorrow to make sure she is gaining weight. But she does have acid reflux (which is the one thing that has not been fun) so she went through a period of time that she was spitting up everything she ate. So that's why she weighed so little. Hopefully she's back up to normal tomorrow!
- She has her daddy's head... small. I don't remember the exact measurement, but its only in the 30 percentile.
- She loves to have her legs rubbed! It will always calm her down!
- She loves to take baths and have her hair washed. Even though she is quite wiggly and slippery, so it's hard for me!
- She loves the sound of the shower! Sometimes I set her in her bouncer seat while I take a shower and she just sits there looking around and listening.
-She is incredibly strong. She has such a strong neck... when she is supposed to be burping she likes to lift her head and look around. She also has such strong arms and legs. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to hurt her when I have to move her arms to get her strapped into her car seat because I have to pull them.
- She is a good little sleeper. She takes 3 good solid naps a day. A morning nap from 9-11, an afternoon nap from 12:45ish - 4, and then an evening nap from about 5 to 6 or so. Then she just stays awake all by herself until she goes to bed. She goes to bed at 8:30 and only gets up once between 4 and 5. But last night she slept all the way until 6:30- we'll see if that was luck or real!
- She has such a calm personality. She just likes to sit in her bouncer or lay on a blanket and look around. Last night she sat and looked around for an hour last night while a cooked dinner. I never even heard a peep from her!
Here are a few of the pictures that were taken yesterday- I get the rest next week!









This is one of my favorites!




This is when she was supposed to by laying on her hands. She had no interest in doing that- she just wanted to hold her head up and look around!







She was wanting to do this the whole time!!

6 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

what cute pictures! isn't it so fun writing about them and all they can do at just one month! and what a good little sleeper you have! you're already a pro meredith! :)

Manda said...

WOW! She is a great sleeper and napper! She is darling Mere!

Holly said...

She is so adorable!!! Seriously--so cute! And I can't believe how well she sleeps! I can't wait to see her this weekend! (And I'm totally still willing to watch her for a week once you go back to school if you still need it!)

Tori said...

I love LOVE the last picture! And I'm very jealous of how she well she seems to be sleeping!

Deb said...

Haha yeah I had to get used to pictures being screaming or sleeping too even though Lizzie was so great. Eventually they figure out the camera is a fun thing!

Josh and Kelly said...

What a little cutie!!! I remember those days of them just not even being able to keep their eyes open!