Monday, February 22, 2010

Our New Arrival

I'm sure that most of you already know, but our little Hadley was born last Monday. Hadley Renee Berglund was born at 9:55 am on February 15. She weighed 8 lb. 1 oz. and was 20 inches long. She is perfect in every way!

My water broke on Sunday night at about 10:30 and after calling my doctor to make sure that's what had happened (that may sound dumb, but it wasn't a big gush of water it was like a small but constant trickle), we headed to the hospital. After taking a while to fully dialate, the doctor came in, and 6 pushes later we had our beautiful baby girl! Although my labor was longer than I had hoped it would be, it really was very easy and smooth. I am grateful for that! Looking back I think that it seemed to have gone so fast and really wasn't bad.

Of course it was love at first sight! I have never seen Steve like this before. Little Hadley had him wrapped around his finger in seconds. He is so sweet and tender with her and is so helpful and willing to do anything because he just can't get enough! I can already see that she is going to be a MAJOR daddy's girl...

We came home on Wednesday and things have been wonderful. My mom had been here to help and she is leaving tomorrow. We have been so blessed with her amazing help! Steve went back to work today, so starting tomorrow we'll see if I can do this all on my own during the day! I love being home with her and am already dreading the day in 7 weeks when I have to go back to school and leave her.

Well, that's us for now. We'll make sure to keep you updated!

Hadley- about 3 hours old.

Snuggling with mom- day 2 at the hospital.

Leaving the hospital- Wednesday, Feb. 17th

In her crib for the first time :)

Very relaxed...

5 days old- photo shoot with grandma. She has this horrible scratch in her face, it happened in the hospital and it is taking forever to get better!!

Too cute!!

12 comments:

Jason and Kristine said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! Glad that labor and everything went well.

Rachael said...

She is so darling! Congrats!

Manda said...

She is adorable!!!

Megan and Jonny said...

She really is beautiful! I hope she lets you get a passable amount of sleep. But if she doesn't, don't worry. She'll be out of that stage sooner than you're ready for her to be. I know everyone says this, but seriously--it goes by so quickly. Best of luck to you!

Holly said...

She is so adorable! We're so excited for you guys! And how fun that you went into labor on your own, and even a little early! I'm so jealous! Good luck with your mom leaving and Steve going back to work. We'd love to come visit, but I want to wait until you're ready for visitors. I'll text you in the next few days. Hope things are going well & that you're healing fast and hopefully getting some sleep!

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats! She is so cute!

JDS said...

Congratulations! She is so cute... I can totally see both of you in her!

Josh and Kelly said...

What a cutie!! You are making me baby hungry again! 7 weeks off, that's not too shabby, and I guess you won't have too much left of the school year when you go back. Enjoy this time with her, it goes by so fast!

Danielle said...

She is so teeny and adorable! You will do great on your own!!! It is kind of scary, but at the same time it is so nice to know your only job for the next few weeks is to recover and to snuggle Hadley. I can't wait to meet her!

Kris and Megan said...

she's such a sweetie! glad everything went well. so funny you named her hadley renee- i have a cousin who named his little girl the same thing, she's about 2 now!! congrats!

The Rileys said...

She is so cute!! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

She is BEAUTIFUL Mer!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet her!