Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer Cruise

So I know I have been totally off the map lately, but I really have to be in the mood the update my blog and I guess I'll just have to say that I haven't been in the mood for the last two months :)
Well, this cruise was almost two months ago but I still want to document what we did and the few (sorry!) pictures we took. I'm really mad at myself that we didn't take all that many pictures but our camera isn't waterproof and almost everything we did involved water- of course!
So here goes:

Steve and I left early early, like 2 am early, Sunday morning for the airport and headed for Miami. Stepping out of the airport and into the streets hit me like stepping into an oven- wow the heat and humidity!! I felt wet all the time!! So our friends Cami and Nate picked us up from the airport and we headed for our hotel. Let me just tell you, Miami... nothing like shown on tv. I was expecting to go and see this posh place with gorgeous blue water and white sands beaches- you know like shown on CSI Miami, one of my favorite shows- well, mostly I saw trailers, graffiti, pot holes, and some very interesting people.
So we spent the evening exploring, ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and turned in early since we were all exhausted. Monday morning was a relaxing and lazy day- we slept in, ate breakfast, got ready and packed our stuff to head for the boat. Our specific group wasn't supposed to board the ship until like 3 but we wanted to get on early and eat lunch so we boarded at about noon. The ship was very cool and our rooms left much to be desired- more like caves with no windows that rooms, but who cares all we really did was sleep in them!! Monday we explored, ate lots of yummy food, went to a comedy show, and got ready for our first day off the boat.

Tuesday:

Nassau & Paradise Island- took a ferry to the island, walked to the beach, swam in the ocean, Steve and I rented jet skis, walked through some amazing hotels (featured on the travel channel and where Miss Universe was hosted last week), and attempted to visit Michael Jordan's home there. Of course we had to do that for Steve, but his house was on the opposite side of the island and we didn't have time to get there.
Wednesday:
CocoCay Island- delicious bbq lunch, floated on mats in the water, paddle boats in the water, Steve and I snorkled (quite the experience for Steve- he was terrible!!), and did lots of relaxing.
Thursday:
Key West, FL- hottest day ever!!!! The four of us went on a several hour water tour in kayaks and swam in the water.
Friday we had to get off the boat early and Steve and I didn't have a flight until 7 that evening. So Cami and Nate were so wonderful to stay some extra hours in Miami with us and kill time. We went to some Botanical Gardens in Miami Beach- which I have to say was the much more fancy city I was looking for, went to the Harry Potter movie, visited a delicious Dunkin Donuts, and finally made it the airport around 3:30.

It was a great and relaxing week!

3 comments:

Leslee said...

Wow looks and sounds like a fun time!! I wonder why you aren't feeling up to updating your blog;) hahah. I bet school is keeping you busy, goodluck with another year!

Holly said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad to see pics--we were wondering how it went! Oh, and I love your hair in the post above! It's so cute short!

Josh and Kelly said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Now you know what I am living with the heat and humidity ha ha! You get used to it. Miss you guys!