Thursday, August 7, 2008

Up & Away to the Northwest

Last week Steve and I flew to the northwest (Washington & Oregon) to visit Steve's family for the first time since our wedding. We left last Friday and returned yesterday. The trip started out bad- first, Steve was late coming home from work and therefore we were really late from leaving for the airport, second, I haven't flown in two years and apparently you aren't allowed to take lotions, gels or liquids in your carry on bag that are bigger than travel size. Well, to say the least I had to throw away at least $50 dollars worth of products that I had just bought! The trip quickly turned around when we realized that the tickets that Steve's dad had got for us were first class! I don't think I will ever be able to fly coach again. We got all the drinks and snacks we wanted, pillows, blankets, tv and movies on our own personal television screens, we got to move to the front of lines and be the first to board and leave the plane! This is definately the way to fly!


Steve in the Vegas airport during our layover.

The first two nights we stayed at Steve's parents, then we went to the Oregon coast to the beach, and the last nights we stayed at Steve's sister and her husbands.

Steve and I with his aunt Carol.


Steve and his older sister Jen.


Me and Ashley, Steve's niece (who I guess is mine too) looking at pictures.

Overall, it was a really fun trip and we were grateful that we were able to spend time with Steve's family.

No comments: