Friday, October 14, 2011

Updates

 We have had a busy couple of weeks so I thought I would just do a quick update on some things that we've been doing.

- Steve caught this awful flu/cold bug from somewhere and after almost 2 weeks of feeling pretty awful and yucky he is finally feeling better.  He stayed home a couple of days from work which was nice because Hadley got to stay home all day.  Luckily (and to my surprise) I didn't catch it and Hadley had only had a slight runny nose on and off for a couple of weeks.

- Hadley has a new obsession: coloring!  She just sits and colors quietly for at least like 20 or 30 minutes and she does not want me anywhere near or crayons or coloring book.  So I usually just sit close and read aloud to her.  She asks multiple times a day "Cowo (how she says color) mama?"  She loves to lay on her belly and do it too- couldn't get much cuter huh?!


 - I have been spending alot of time working on my portfolio for school, which will allow me to get my Level 2 license and be licensed forever!  It's a lot of work and a bit overwhelming for me since it has be completed and turned in my January 30.  Luckily I am 8 weeks planned and prepped for school so I can step back a bit from the planning and focus on this portfolio.  Eight weeks may seem a bit extreme but that's just the kind of teacher I am :)

- Hadley is doing really well at my sisters each afternoon.  She is finally (for the most part) over her hitting stage and is learning to share and play nice most of the time.  She is learning some funny things from Max and loves all things boy now!  Sadly for me she doesn't even want to come home some days.  As soon as I walked in the door today and she saw me she said, "No, mama!  No buh bye."  Nice huh?  It makes me a little sad but I'm glad she's happy to be there!

- Hadley no longer eats in her high chair.  I would keep her in there forever if she would let me, but she got to the point where she wouldn't even eat.  She just said there and said "Chair, chair, chair..." over and over pointing to the chairs at the table.  So she now sits in a booster and is pleased as punch!  My baby is getting too big!!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Ok in the first pic of her coloring, she looks just like you! Haha I know it's just her profile, but she looks just like you in that picture! Glad everything is going so well. And I am SOOO impressed you are planned for the next eight weeks. You are seriously an awesome teacher!

Kris and Megan said...

Hadley has grown up over night! How cute that she loves to color and be independent in that. And props to you for being planned 8 weeks and doing your portfolio!! Don't know how you do it all and stay motivated!!