Sunday, May 22, 2011

Decisions

So this isn't really new news but I thought would share anyway! Many of you already know that I am going back to teaching next year but I kinda wanted to document more about it :)

So when I left last year I honestly didn't picure or have any plans to return any time soon. I have absolutely LOVED my year home with my little one and wouldn't trade one second (not even the tantrums, grumpy mornings, days without naps... etc.) of it for anything else!! I have felt so blessed to watch Hadley turn into the cutest little toddler ever and been to have been there for every new step, new word, new food, new toy, and new discovery. But over the year I have kept in close contract with my principal from Riverview and the oppurtunity just kind of arose for me to come back under circumstances that I was super happy with! She knew that coming back full time was not an option for me- so I have decided that I will do a shared day in 3rd grade with my good friend Ily!

I am honestly so excited to go back! Obviously not looking really forward to lesson planning (even only half a day's worth) but I am so excited to be back with the kids and with some of my best friends :) It turns out that my sister can only watch Hadley in the afternoons, so I will be doing afternoons and Ily will do the mornings. At first I was a little bummed because as a teacher afternoons are not ideal but when Ily and I did all of our planning last week I realized it's still going to be great! Plus the biggest benefit is that I won't really miss that much awake time with Hadley. I will drop her off at Becca's around noon and pick her up at 4 and since she consistenly sleeps from 1 til about 3:45 or 4, I'll miss about an hour or so with her. Right now even that seems like an eternity for me to be without her!

Ily and I haven't hashed out all the details but I know that I will be teaching math, science, social studies, and most likely writing. She will be doing most of the literacy stuff (reading groups, fluency, grammar, etc.). Other than that we still have a LONG way to go to be ready!! Luckily third grade is what I know and so I got lucky :)

So this is kind of a long post with no pictures- augh, I left my camera at my sister's in Salt Lake and won't get it back til we go to Colorado on Thursday- but my relaxed and super carefree life will change a bit starting August 22. So here's to a new and unexpected twist in life and I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so glad it worked out to be in 3rd and do half day with Ily. Afternoons would be my choice too since you just miss naptime. Let me know if you ever need help with Hadley. Lizzie loves playing with her!

Josh and Kelly said...

That does sound like the perfect little set up!! You are a pro by now, so I'm sure everything will go great and you will be able to enjoy yourself ;)

Kris and Megan said...

That sounds ideal if you're going to go back to work! How perfect that Hadley will be asleep most of the time. Must be meant to be!!