Thursday, February 28, 2013

Big Girl Room!


My big girl has a new big girl room!  She was completely content to stay in her crib but we needed to boot her out to get things ready for the baby :)  So we figured it would be perfect to move her right around her birthday so it was associated with being a big 3 year-old!! 
 
I really love how it turned out- it really looks much better in person (so you'll just have to come visit to see!!).  I was originally planning on painting pink, but every shade we tested looked like some kind of pepto-bismal.  So I decided on light blue and then throw in lots of different pink accents and decorations.
 


 She loves being in her new room!!  The first night she was pretty scared to be in their alone but after about 30 minutes she calmed down and went right to sleep.  Since then not one single problem!!  She is seriously soooooooo good... She knows she is only aloud to get out AFTER she wakes up to get books or animals.  Then she gets right back in and plays or reads until I come to get her.  We feel pretty lucky about that and hope it lasts :)

 
We love our sweet girl and it's so fun to see her grow up and be so excited about how big she is becoming!


3 comments:

The Rileys said...

Turned out so cute! I was thinking of those same colors for Aliyah. Hadley looks happy about it too!

Tori said...

I love it! And I LOVE her bedding! Where's that from? Also, I'm very jealous that she stays in her room until you get her! That's awesome!

Deb said...

It looks great!