Sunday, September 9, 2012

Disneyland- Where Dreams Come True!!

 DISNEYLAND!!!!
 
Whew- what a great day!!  We got up nice and early (well, some did!) and left Tori and Tim's by about 8:30.  We drove about 12 miles to Disneyland, parked, rode the little train to the park, and dove right in!  We started with Peter Pan since the line gets long pretty fast!  Hadley was extremely impatient in line!  I think once she figured out what she was actually waiting in line for she was fine!
 

 We did some other ride in Fantasy Land and then headed to some of the bigger rides for us adults :)
 

 Disneyland is full of all sorts of fun things on the streets and sidewalks; Hadley and Mylin became very interested in this little band playing music, I think it the was the gold bead necklaces that attracted them. But the guys in the band were very amused and girls just danced and danced!

 
Because we were so busy going, going, going all day I didn't really get as many pictures as I wanted.  I'm really sad that I didn't get any pictures of Hadley on her all time favorite ride (which she still talks about and sings the song from multiple times daily), Pirates of the Caribbean!  She could have just ridden that all day but we only did it 3 times I think...


 
When we went to Disneyland last year we didn't see any of the characters but I'm so glad we waited in some small lines and did it this time!  She of course loved seeing the Pooh characters!!  She looks sad in the pictures, but really she was just taking it so seriously and loved every second!
 


 We took a break from the sun and heat (yea, I forgot to mention it was like 95 degrees!) and went in a little Pooh shop.  Hadley was in her element...

 
Toon Town: Playing in Mickey's House and meeting Mickey and Minnie!!


 
Sooooo sad that my pictures end there!  It was about 6pm when we left Toon Town and headed to the parade and my camera battery was dead!  The parade was amazing and Hadley thought it was so cool to have the different characters wave at her and blow kisses to her!
 
We ate dinner and a place on Disney Main Street, amazing burgers!!  We did some more rides and then went back to Main Street for ice cream.  It was about 9 or 9:30 by then and it had been and loooong hot day so we decided to call it a night!
 
Yes, it was long, tiring and hot but soooo great!  It was the first day in 2 1/2 years of life that Hadley has not taken any nap at all and surprisingly she did really well (maybe just 2 or 3 little fits).  We packed up into the car and she was asleep within like 3 minutes!!
 
Hadley really believes Disneyland is where all your dreams come true- for her they probably did!!
 
Thanks for an awesome trip Tori, Tim, Mylin, and Kale- we're already ready to come back!!

3 comments:

Tori said...

We had SOOO much fun with you! Mylin asked today to go to Disneyland with Hadley! Please come again SOON! Also...love the pics! I'm totally stealing some for my blog. Thanks! :)

Cami said...

Ahh! First day without a nap???? I just about passed out when I read that :) Jealousy was running through my veins as I looked at these magical pictures..... I am glad you had fun though ;)

Deb said...

Disneyland is so fun! I can only imagine how excited she was with all the Pooh characters. There's a place on Main Street that has the best loaded baked potato soup! Of course it kind of has to be cold to get that. :)