Friday, April 8, 2011

Simple is Best

I guess it's true what they say "Simplicity is Best." Ok, I don't know who really says that if anyone but hey, it's definitely true in my 1 year old's case!

I had removed the couch cushions to vacuum out the couch and of course Hadley climbed right up! Who knew that couch cushions, a $2.49 ball from Target, and a newly found plastic fry could be so entertaining? But seriously this little setup entertained her for HOURS (no joke!)!


Besides being entertained by couch cushions, this week we have spent getting ready for our trip to California on Sunday! I haven't been on an actual trip (like besides going home and to Washington and simple little trips) since our cruise when I was pregnant with Hadley 2 summers ago! I forgot how much there is to remember and to buy- especially with a one year old involved!

We also went on a couple of walks and to the park in semi-decent weather, went to story time, got take out from Wingers since I was craving a sticky fingers salad, and did lots of laundry!!

Think about us on Sunday while we tackle an 11ish hour drive with a little girl who doesn't love her carseat :) Hopefully this portable DVD player will have been a good investment!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I'm sure she'll love the dvd player. You guys will have so much fun! There's always soooo much more to remember with kids. At least she's old enough you don't need to bring formula and baby food anymore. :)

Kris and Megan said...

good luck with the drive!! landon was cranky in his seat too so i definitely feel your pain!!