Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hershey Track Meet

Today all of the third graders from 8 elementary schools in Spanish Fork met today for a city track meet. All of the kids got to run in two events and participate in one field event. It was such an awesome day and the weather was absolutely beautiful! I spent all of the day sitting and laughing with my class and watching my kids run their events! My kids got to see a new side of Mrs. Berglund today- the competitive side. I get really worked up and into things when I am at any kind of sporting event! I literally lost my voice today because I was cheering so loud for my kids. In the end, I have some really atheletic boys! In the 50 and 100 meter runs there were three rounds: round 1, the semi-finals, and the finals. I had 8 boys go to the semi-finals and 2 got the finals. In the end, one of my favorite boys Josh, won first place in the 100 meter run. That means he beat 500 other third graders! I was so proud!

Overall it was a great day except for two things! 1) I forgot my camera at the school underneath my desk. Things were so crazy this morning since we had to walk to the highschool and start the track meets within 15 minutes of school starting. 2) I look like a tomato! It was a gorgeous, very warm day but I forgot to put on any sunscreen. We sat outside for 6 hours straight with no shade and I got very crispy! We are going on another field trip tomorrow and I am going to remember my camera!

No comments: