Sunday, May 30, 2010

A New Beginning...

It's official- I am completely done with school... at least for quite a few years! Thursday was the last day of school, which means I am officially a stay at home mom!
I must admit that it will be an adjustment and quite the change to get used to, but I am looking forward to spending all my time with my little precious girl! After I went back to school from maternity leave it took awhile to used to it- not being at home with Hadley all day, having to drop her off at my sister's each morning, back doing school work, going non-stop all day long. But after some time, I really got used to working and having a baby. I absolutely loved teaching and being with those kids all day, therefore Thursday was a tough day filled with mixed feelings. Many tears were shed- mine and theirs (oh how I love them!!), but now I am ready to be home!
After school on Thursday we had a staff lunch where they said goodbye to the teachers that were leaving. We had to get up and give a favorite memory of our time at the school. I couldn't think of just one so I said two big ones. Definitely my team that I teach with- those girls are my best friends! And of course each day with my kids, never a dull moment there!
So here I go to a different and more rewarding full time job...


Classic Hadley picture pose...

Reading to 1 three month old instead of 25 eight year olds... quite different :)

How could I not want to be at home with this adorable thing all day!!

4 comments:

Tori said...

What a big change for you. It's worth it though. And is Hadley actually looking at the book when you read it to her?! Impressive! Mylin is NOT interested in books at all when I read to her.

Leslee said...

Hadley is a little doll! You will really enjoy staying home I think, but it is hard to leave teaching! I am glad you are already teaching her to avoid strangers:)

Josh and Kelly said...

It is weird how fast life can change, honestly most days I don't even think about teaching, though I definitely miss it sometimes, there is nothing better than being a mom. Enjoy it! And I'm sure you will still see your kids and the other teachers around.

Deb said...

I'm with you on the mixed feelings. We'll have to help each other adjust!