Monday, April 5, 2010

Here's To My Freedom...

Well, that is for 7 weeks!
Since the day Hadley was born this was what I was already dreading... going back to school. After 8 wonderful weeks home with my little lady, I have to go back to school next Monday. If you can't tell- I am not looking forward to it! She will get to spend some good quality time with her dad, aunt, and grandma (and others) but it definitely won't be the same! What can I say- I have always loved teaching but I love being a mom at home so much more! So think of me this week as my freedom comes to a close and I have to leave my little girl :(
I am trying to do all I can in my days off- going to the movies with my sister, shopping with Hadley, first play group (which is really for the moms, given not all the babies are even here yet), and just being home.
Here are some recent pictures of our adorable little miss...


She has a terrible rash on her face right now- but is still cute as ever!



Most days when I peek in on her to see if she is sleeping, if she is awake she always looks just like this- staring at the letters of her name on the wall :)

All tucked and ready for her nap!!


7 comments:

Megan and Taj said...

oh boy... I TOTALLY know how you feel!!!! Isn't being a mom the best job in the entire world?!?!?! You only have a few weeks of teaching left thank the heavens... it will go by quickly...I just know it!! GOD LUCK dear friend!

Megan and Taj said...

** I meant GOOD LUCK :)

Leslee said...

I love her big eyes, they are adorable! I am sorry you have to go back to school next week:( I remember dreading it my whole maternity leave. It is hard and I had a few little meltdowns (not in front of the kids) but then you get back into the routine. Good thing it is already April...before you know it school will be over!!

Tori said...

Mer I'm sorry you have to go back to school. That is super lame. When does school get out?
Hadley looks adorable!

Josh and Kelly said...

I totally feel your pain! Except think, only a couple months, and a lot of fun stuff in there at that! I'm sure your kids will be dying to have you again! Just know that they might test you a little at first to see if you've changed and it might be a little more chaotic than you'd like at first because your sub is not you and couldn't have done everything perfectly, but they will get into the swing of things fast. And just think, it could be worse- you could be spending all your breaks pumping in the bathroom ha ha.

Cami said...

Guess what! Jane has a rash on her face right now too!!!! CRAZY!!! Our lives are exactly the SAME....

Deb said...

Agreed! Going back to school is soooo not fun! I've loved just this spring break where I get to be a mom. At least you just have to get through a month and a half, but I totally understand!